Greetings all from Western Australia

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

LuluTheDistilleryDog
Novice

Greetings all from Western Australia

Post by LuluTheDistilleryDog »

Hi all

New to the craft, I've been studying theory for the past 6 months and hopefully enjoy doing this enough to go legit, for now, I'd like to just continue learning and gaining experience.

Thanks in advance to all posters, the site has already proven to be a wealth of knowledge.

Regards
Lulu
Saltbush Bill
Site Mod

Re: Greetings all from Western Australia

Post by Saltbush Bill »

Welcome to Home Distiller Lulu.
Theory will only get you so far, the real learning happens once you get hands on.
Do you own a still yet? If so did you build or buy?
If you don't and intend buying be very very sure of what you need before jumping in.
Corn Cracker
Swill Maker

Post by Corn Cracker »

Welcome
"To ease the pressures of this world here's the way i got it figured, the thing to do for me and you is to drink lots of good corn liquor"
Buck Owens
LuluTheDistilleryDog
Novice

Post by LuluTheDistilleryDog »

Thanks Bill, no haven’t got one yet. Having a hard time tracking down some 2” copper that doesn’t cost the proverbial.

I think I’m pretty set on a pot still. Neutral spirits don’t really appeal to me and I’m an all grain brewer so it feels a nice natural progression.

I’d like to build, l see the whole hobby as a good way to develop skills, but I’m also keen to just get my hands dirty (or surgerically clean I guess!) so I may just bite the bullet and get a boiler and a simple pot setup.

I’ve got a digiboiler that I could utilise, but hacking about with the electrics doesn’t appeal to me and the forum hasn’t left me feeling it would be a good experience.

Saltbush Bill wrote:
> Welcome to Home Distiller Lulu.
> Theory will only get you so far, the real learning happens once you get
> hands on.
> Do you own a still yet? If so did you build or buy?
> If you don't and intend buying be very very sure of what you need before
> jumping in.