Hello from Texas

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

tyoshu
Novice

Hello from Texas

Post by tyoshu »

Newbie here so wanted to say hi...i have brewed beer for years and this seems like the next logical step to take to keep learning the craft. Really enjoy working the process and seeing how it all comes together to have that final product. Looking forward to reading as much as i can from everyone here. thanks for having me.
acfixer69
Global moderator

Re: Hello from Texas

Post by acfixer69 »

Welcome to HD.
Twisted Brick
Master of Distillation

Post by Twisted Brick »

Welcome tyoshu!

I think you will find transforming your beer into spirits truly rewarding. Try to review as many member stills as you can before building or buying a still that'll make what you wanna drink. Some of the retail stills available can be short on performance and speed, while others are just shiny bits that are designed to separate unwitting new folks from their money.

Enjoy!
“Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore, always carry a small snake.”

- W.C. Fields

My EZ Solder Shotgun
My Steam Rig and Manometer
subbrew
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by subbrew »

Welcome Tyoshu,

I am on the same journey as you just about 8 months ahead. It has been a fascinating trip so far. Your brewing experience and knowledge of yeast health and management will server you well on understanding the wash part of distilling. From there, lots of reading and learning to do on understanding the principles of distilling, the designs of stills and the trade offs of various choices.

Very helpful group here to help you along
Corn Cracker
Swill Maker

Post by Corn Cracker »

Welcome, s.e Tx here
"To ease the pressures of this world here's the way i got it figured, the thing to do for me and you is to drink lots of good corn liquor"
Buck Owens
Archee72
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Archee72 »

Welcome
Yonder
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Yonder »

:wave: Welcome neighbor! Enjoy the ride. Plenty of Texas help here.
Double, Double, toil and trouble. Fire Burn and pot still bubble.