Hi from a relative noob

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

Drukon
Novice

Hi from a relative noob

Post by Drukon »

Hi guys just wanted to introduce myself. I am a Emergency Medical technician in real life and I've found brewing helps keep my mind stable :D I'm interested in the numbers of brewing but also I have an aim to make a decent rum from mollasses. History of brewing, using kits made decent beer, lager, can't seem to get a cider to be drinkable.........

Can knock out decent neutral spirits from sugar wash with my eyes closed, my initial research led me to believe it was the easiest to master.
I have a T500 with condenser and alembic. Interested in learning about other people's experiences with different stills and trying other people's recipes. Looking forward to being a member of the forum. Struggling to get cuts right.... Hoping there's info on the forum :)
SmokyMtn
Rumrunner

Re: Hi from a relative noob

Post by SmokyMtn »

Drukon wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:47 am Hoping there's info on the forum :)
Eh maybe a little.

Welcome to the forum. You will find most answers through searching. If that doesn't work, plenty of knowledge on here to jump in and help. Good luck and enjoy the read
My 9" Shotgun Condenser

This hobby really is not so much about making alcohol. But bottling opportunities to make memories with Friends and Family.
Corn Cracker
Swill Maker

Re: Hi from a relative noob

Post by Corn Cracker »

Welcome, you should be able to find all the info and recipes you need here. Research first and ask the questions you can't find answers to
"To ease the pressures of this world here's the way i got it figured, the thing to do for me and you is to drink lots of good corn liquor"
Buck Owens