Hello from Sudbury Ontario, Canada!

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

monstersX
Novice

Hello from Sudbury Ontario, Canada!

Post by monstersX »

I moved up from Toronto last winter, being in a new place, and a small city , I have some time on my hands!

I picked up a keg still, did a run with a PID, quickly switched to a constant power controller, and did a nice run of sugar wash last night!

[img][https://imgur.com/gallery/nS3LMD2]

[img][https://imgur.com/gallery/4AZN3Yy]

Bill.
Last edited by monstersX on Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bushman
Admin

Re: Hello from Sudbury Ontario, Canada!

Post by Bushman »

Welcome, it is better off to post pictures directly to the forum rather than linking to a gallery off site. Thanks.
SmokyMtn
Rumrunner

Post by SmokyMtn »

Welcome, enjoy the read
My 9" Shotgun Condenser

This hobby really is not so much about making alcohol. But bottling opportunities to make memories with Friends and Family.
monstersX
Novice

Post by monstersX »

Bushman wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:22 am Welcome, it is better off to post pictures directly to the forum rather than linking to a gallery off site. Thanks.
Thanks, I’ll figure out how to do that
Expat
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Expat »

monstersX wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:19 am I moved up from Toronto last winter, being in a new place, and a small city , I have some time on my hands!

I picked up a keg still, did a run with a PID, quickly switched to a constant power controller, and did a nice run of sugar wash last night!

Bill.
Hey Bill, welcome to HD and greetings from the GTA.

Good hobby to have around in such a cold place :-P lol

As i'm sure you see, there is a huge trove of knowledge available here, and the price for admission is simply reading.
That is to say, Read lots and then ask good questions :) Plenty of us around to help out if you get stuck.

By the pics you've got some sort of plated column, care to provide any details?

Also worth noting that the seal on your plate section appeared to be silicon, which you should probably swap out for PTFE.

Have fun, play safe!
Last edited by Expat on Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Current boiler and pot head
Cross flow condenser
Modular 3" Boka - pics tbd
Site Donor

Post by Stonecutter »

You’ve been bitten have ya? Haha, well welcome aboard then! See you down the rabbit hole….errr not the rabbits’ hole :wtf:
Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing.
-Thomas Paine