New to you.

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

Spiritguy
Novice

New to you.

Post by Spiritguy »

Hi thank you for accepting me as a member. I hope to improve my skills and learn new ones. I’ve been making beer since 1987 and have gone through the usual stages of kit brewing and eventually going 3vessel all - grain then moving to BIAB (and staying there lol). Bought my new still after my dentist friend had been stillin’ for a few years and had encouraged me to get into it. I’ve got a simple keg pot still with a view to making corn whiskey bourbon style along with gin and who knows what. I see mentions of apple brandy and think to myself, hmmm the apple tree in the garden will soon start dropping. Maybe possible to use some of them?
Did my sacrificial run today on the new still, went very well. Dunno where the heart’s were as yet but I did have a feel and a smell of every jar before consigning them to BBQ starter fluid!
Looking forward to more productive runs in the future. Enjoyed the process and I guess that’s what it’s all about. We’ll, that’s my intro. Hopefully I’ll be getting more involved as time goes on.
Deplorable
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: New to you.

Post by Deplorable »

Welcome Spiritguy. A keg still will serve you well. There is a lot of information here and lots of Tried and True recipes that will get you some great whiskey.
Have fun and stay safe.
Fear and ridicule are the tactics of weak-minded cowards and tyrants who have no other leadership talent from which to draw in order to persuade.
SmokyMtn
Rumrunner

Post by SmokyMtn »

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy the read
My 9" Shotgun Condenser

This hobby really is not so much about making alcohol. But bottling opportunities to make memories with Friends and Family.
Oldvine Zin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Oldvine Zin »

Sounds like your off to a good start, Welcome!!

Stay safe
OVZ
LWTCS
Site Mod

Post by LWTCS »

Welcome.
Trample the injured and hurdle the dead.
Corn Cracker
Swill Maker

Post by Corn Cracker »

Welcome to the group, sounds like your on the right path
"To ease the pressures of this world here's the way i got it figured, the thing to do for me and you is to drink lots of good corn liquor"
Buck Owens