A BIG HELLO from from Johannesburg, South Africa!!!

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

BabuGP
Novice

A BIG HELLO from from Johannesburg, South Africa!!!

Post by BabuGP »

Hi All,

I started distilling about 2 months ago and I also belong to a couple of local social media platforms. I decided to join this forum because whenever i had distilling questions, I could found some answers on HD. I'm currently busy with UJSSM run and I am at Generation 4. I will be running Generation 5 later this week. I also made few micro batches of Raisin Brandy and some sugar washes. I currently have 4 fermentation vessels (2x 30 litres drums and 2 x 50 litres drums). I have a typical potstill setup with a reflux column. I have 2 kettles (30 litre and 50 litre) with a high pressure burner and a normal burner.

Home Distilling and Home Brewing is legal in South Africa within a legal framework. I currently distill for own use and consumption and to share with my family. I love this hobby and would really like to become more proficient in distilling and honing my craft. I'm looking forward to being an active member of this forum.

Chat soon!!!
BabuGP
subbrew
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: A BIG HELLO from from Johannesburg, South Africa!!!

Post by subbrew »

Sounds like a nice setup. UJSSM is really nice. I have some in jars on various toasts of oak and it just keeps getting better each time I take a sample. Read, enjoy and be safe.
Setsumi
Distiller

Post by Setsumi »

Welcom BubaGP. Myself from RSA. You are correct that HD is the go to resource for correct info. Did you buy your stills? I presume you are registered as an art 116 distiller to be legal. If you have info how to register a home made still please pm me.
My first flute
My press
My twins
My controller
My wife tells me I fell from heaven covered in white. Why did they let me fall?
BabuGP
Novice

Post by BabuGP »

Hi Subbrew, thanks for giving my that idea of different jars... Will definitely try it out...