Hello distillers!

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

Distilld21
Novice

Hello distillers!

Post by Distilld21 »

Hi, I'm Vick, I run a podcast all about whiskey, "Distilld," for whiskey newbies with an Instagram as well. Currently working on some home projects and I work at a craft distillery and malt house as an assistant maltster/distiller. Would love to eventually start my own distilling but for now I just play with barrels and white dog and do my own aging. Cheers!
Demy
Master of Distillation

Re: Hello distillers!

Post by Demy »

Welcome, your experience will be appreciated here!
acfixer69
Global moderator

Post by acfixer69 »

Welcome to HD Vick. Lot's here would like to have the job you now hold. Have fun.
Corn Cracker
Swill Maker

Post by Corn Cracker »

Sounds like a cool gig, welcome!
"To ease the pressures of this world here's the way i got it figured, the thing to do for me and you is to drink lots of good corn liquor"
Buck Owens
Distilld21
Novice

Post by Distilld21 »

Cheers all! I've been at the job for 3 months and there is SOOOO much to learn. But I'm also looking forward to learning from all of you who have many years of experience at home. And trust me, you don't want to do the paperwork Uncle Sam has us do
jonnys_spirit
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by jonnys_spirit »

Welcome home Vick! Nice episode #15 on malts and malting. Tipped up a single malt for a couple drams, kicked back, and learned a bit about the majick of malt. Do we get to make requests?

Thanks and cheers!
-jonny
————
i prefer my mash shaken, not stirred
————