New from the Pacific NW

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

Zman2865
Novice

New from the Pacific NW

Post by Zman2865 »

Hi guys I'm new to distilling and this form. I have looked on this form a few times but have not yet had the chance to dig into it.
- My goals are to make a quality craft distallite and learn from those that have done so already so that I can be proud of and enjoy what I make with friends.
- My still has a 13gal kettle from Olympic distillers and the outback tower from Mile high in which I have replaced the silicone gaskets with PTFE. I have a 1650w heating element controlled by a 10000w SCR. For stripping runs I go straight to a GFCI controlled outlet with a heavy duty extension cord with a GFCI switch inline.
- I have ran a couple of sugar washes but am now going to be focusing on UJSSM. I was lucky enough to aquire some 5gal tubs of congealed invert sugar which I plant to dedicate to UJSSM.
- I have 2 brew buckets for fermentation which are currently finishing out with what will be my first true run of UJSSM. I already did a stripping run to aquire the backset. I look forward to digging deeper into this form and learning to improve the craft.
Bushman
Admin

Re: New from the Pacific NW

Post by Bushman »

Welcome from another person from the PNW, sounds like you are already making the right moves. UJSSM is a great recipe for getting started and making something worth drinking. Good Luck and enjoy the journey!
Corn Cracker
Swill Maker

Post by Corn Cracker »

Welcome, sounds like you got it going in the right direction
"To ease the pressures of this world here's the way i got it figured, the thing to do for me and you is to drink lots of good corn liquor"
Buck Owens
Deplorable
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Deplorable »

Hi from the wet side. Read up and enjoy the journey. You've found the right place for gaining knowledge.
Fear and ridicule are the tactics of weak-minded cowards and tyrants who have no other leadership talent from which to draw in order to persuade.
Euphoria
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Euphoria »

Another welcome from the "wet" side of the state.
"Government doesn't have the answer to the problem, government is the problem." Ronald Reagan
OtisT
Master of Distillation

Post by OtisT »

Welcome zman. Good to see another local join. Otis
Otis’ Pot and Thumper, Dimroth Condenser: Pot-n-Thumper/Dimroth
Learning to Toast: Toasting Wood
Polishing Spirits with Fruitwood: Fruitwood
Badmotivator’s Barrels: Badmo Barrels
Oldvine Zin
Site Donor
Site Donor