Howdy

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

Aux
Novice

Howdy

Post by Aux »

Another NZer here, started distilling about 3 months ago. T500 Copper reflux still. I ran a few turbos at the beginning to learn with but have been trying out birdwatchers and Ted's ffv.
Ted's ffv has been my favourite, I usually have 3 25L ferments start at the same time and just run them once each are ready, haven't visited a bottle store since starting this hobby and because of this I only need to put out the recycling once a month.
I probably spent a year researching on here and watching YT. My first distill was a peach brandy which I ran through an airstill. This got me hooked as it turned out much better than I expected.
Since then been making panty droppers and essense bourbons. Have just acquired a SCR and and volt/amp/power display so that's my next project in prep for a alembic dome and condenser as I would really like to start making proper bourbon-whiskeys
NZChris
Master of Distillation

Re: Howdy

Post by NZChris »

Welcome to the forum.
Demy
Master of Distillation

Re: Howdy

Post by Demy »

welcome
MihiT
Bootlegger