hello from a Canadian newbie

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

AcadianAlchemist
Novice

hello from a Canadian newbie

Post by AcadianAlchemist »

Hi all,
I've been reading here obsessively for most of the past year and I've made some short visits in the past, so now that I'm actually actively engaged in the hobby I figured I should say hi and thank everyone one here for there experience and time passing on knowledge.

Just a quick bit about my situation, I started homebrewing just over ten years ago(though had been on a hiatus for the past few) and was curious about distillation pretty much right from the get go but never seriously considered it because of living situations and just being intimidated by it. But Now having a home with more space than I used to and a lot of free time because of covid I decided to take the plunge. I'm now running an 8gal pot still with an electric element and have done three rum runs and one ujssm so far, gen 2 should be ready to go real soon. My main goal is to start making AG bourbon but trying to get some experience with my still before I commit to doing full mashes and investing in barrels.

Anyway that's enough rambling about my self, Just wanted to say hello and again thanks to the community.

Tyler
Demy
Master of Distillation

Re: hello from a Canadian newbie

Post by Demy »

Welcome !! I often read post in which I find myself, it seems to be reading something I wrote .... it is interesting to know what very distant people think / live things like!
AcadianAlchemist
Novice

Post by AcadianAlchemist »

Yeah, people are the same all over and it’s always great to see people of diverse backgrounds helping each other towards a common goal(as long as it’s a positive goal anyway). Thanks for the welcome
Rum Agol
Swill Maker

Post by Rum Agol »

Welcome from old Scotland
NorthWoodsAb
Swill Maker

Post by NorthWoodsAb »

Welcome to the board from Alberta. Have fun with the hobby looks like you are off to a good start.
Cheers
tiramisu
Swill Maker

Post by tiramisu »

Welcome from Winterpeg.