Jumping in feet first

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

ed_vedder
Novice

Jumping in feet first

Post by ed_vedder »

Hello all … been lurking and reading the forum for more than a year, and I must say there’s an incredible amount of information here.

I’m a former homebrewer who got away from the hobby about a decade ago because family life got in the way. Since then, my drinking habits have matured into mostly spirits, so I was incredibly pleased to learn there are people making good, quality spirits at a hobby level.

After reading this forum for several months, I decided to join and began collecting parts for my still. I have a 15.5 gal keg and stainless steel ccvm setup for pot stilling and reflux stilling, based on Jesse’s setup on Still It and Dad3000 (hope that’s correct, don’t remember the exact number).

I’m still in the process of collecting parts and getting set up, but hope to fire her up before the end of the year and truly begin my journey.

Sorry for the long ramble, I may be a bit excited. :D

Glad to be here!
Sporacle
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Jumping in feet first

Post by Sporacle »

:D Hey Ed welcome, heaps of great info here I've just finished a 2inch CCVM you will get some good use out of it
" you can pick your nose and you can pick your friends; but you can't always wipe your friends off on your saddle" sage advice from Kinky Friedman