Hello from Malaysia

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

Datsun120Y
Novice

Hello from Malaysia

Post by Datsun120Y »

Hi fellow home distillers,

I started distilling about 5 years ago, but somehow didn't have time and the right mood to really get into it. Just did a gin and an ouzo and then stopped. We went into Covid lockdown and suddenly I had quite some extra time to kill and remembered the fun I had. So I dug out my still and started randomly fermenting sugar wash. Then I found this forum and started reading EVERYTHING and the ideas just kept on coming. So currently I'm building my first boka still. Fortunately, I have a metal working background and have quite a workshop at home. Another interesting ability I have, is I can do material analysis at my company, so I can see if there's lead or other metals present in the parts used. It's not easy to get copper parts here, so I work mainly with stainless steel. My column will be 3 inch pipe, 1.5m high.might have to make it a bit shorter to fit it under my outside bar roof.
Just finished a stripping run on the fast fermentation vodka recipe (23L batch).
I'll post more as I go, but just wanted to say hello for now 😁
Rum Agol
Swill Maker

Re: Hello from Malaysia

Post by Rum Agol »

Welcome Datsun looks like your on the right track. Enjoy the journey.
MihiT
Bootlegger

Post by MihiT »

And the old 120. What a car! (I had it's big brother, the 1978 300zx)

We don't hear much about Malaysia and their covid/lockdown in nz.
Pretty shit, but at least it's bought you here!

Plenty of knowledge here.
I wonder, are dragonfruit/ buddha hand common near you?
subbrew
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by subbrew »

welcome. Love the name, my third high school car was a Datsun 110. Rusted out but bullet proof drive train. Later, moved to a 1982 280 zx, that was a great car.

Sounds like you have the skills to make some great gear. Hope you post pictures.