Requisite First Post

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

Melonis
Novice

Requisite First Post

Post by Melonis »

Hello All,

As some have also stated in their 1st post, I've been reading this forum for some time and thought it time to enlist. Previously a Firefighter/EMT, I've been a shift-worker in industry for decades and have little time for those who don't want to put out the necessary effort to learn something to _their_own_understanding_., not just regurgitating information but _understanding_ the why behind the actions. Far too many are interested in moving on to the next thing... without getting any good at the thing on which they are currently performing... but I digress.

I am not at all new to safe work practices and would love to say you don't get to be where I am by being stupid, but some people manage. It is obvious there are people here with vast practical knowledge who have generously taken their time to document that which is needed for someone at my level of this new endeavor and, evidently, far beyond. For that, I am grateful and won't insult anyone by glossing over or ignoring it.

In the middle of building my first pot from sheet.

That's a little about me.
ShineonCrazyDiamond
Global moderator

Re: Requisite First Post

Post by ShineonCrazyDiamond »

Damn fine intro. Welcome, get warm. Thank you for all that you will bring forward with your presence.
"Come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine!
You reached for the secret too soon, you cried for the moon.
Shine on you crazy diamond."
acfixer69
Global moderator

Post by acfixer69 »

Welcome to HD.
Saltbush Bill
Site Mod

Post by Saltbush Bill »

Welcome Melonis.
Good to see you starting at the very beginning and building your own. :thumbup:
NZChris
Master of Distillation

Post by NZChris »

Welcome to the forum. I see you are off to a good start. :thumbup:
Saltbush Bill
Site Mod

Post by Saltbush Bill »

Melonis, your build photos have been shifted to the Construction Site. This area of the forum is for welcomes only.
https://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtop ... 50&t=85025
NorthWoodsAb
Swill Maker

Post by NorthWoodsAb »

Welcome Melonis. You are off to a good start wish much success with your build and with this hobby. As you mentioned to become proficient in this hobby take a lot of effort and time, but it reaps a lot of personal gratitude when things work out as planned.
Much respect and thanks for career as EMT/Firefighter. My oldest daughter has been a Paramedic for several years as is her ex, Paramedic/Fireman.
Cheers
Melonis
Novice

Post by Melonis »

Saltbush Bill wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:22 pm Melonis, your build photos have been shifted to the Construction Site. This area of the forum is for welcomes only.
https://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtop ... 50&t=85025
Apologies.