New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

levaninep
Novice

Post by levaninep »

Hello, I am from Georgia, I am food technologist and I am going to make Moonshine at home
Saltbush Bill
Site Mod

Re: New Member

Post by Saltbush Bill »

Welcome Levaninep, could you tell us a little more about what it is you hope to do.
When you say moonshine , what is it that you want to make....some sort of sugar wash ? a sugar head ? all grain? Whisky ? Rum? Neutral? or Gin maybe?
The word Moonshine can cover a lot of ground.
Do you already own a still ....or are you building or buying one ? What sort of still ? reflux ? pot ? plated column ? packed column maybe ?
Demy
Master of Distillation

Post by Demy »

Welcome
levaninep
Novice

Post by levaninep »

Saltbush Bill wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:42 am Welcome Levaninep, could you tell us a little more about what it is you hope to do.
When you say moonshine , what is it that you want to make....some sort of sugar wash ? a sugar head ? all grain? Whisky ? Rum? Neutral? or Gin maybe?
The word Moonshine can cover a lot of ground.
Do you already own a still ....or are you building or buying one ? What sort of still ? reflux ? pot ? plated column ? packed column maybe ?

Hello, Sorry for late reply, I want to make corn wash, I have column reflux still, with theoritical plates...
Tummydoc
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Tummydoc »

Georgia United States or eastern Europe? Your post regarding BABO scale suggests Europe
levaninep
Novice

Post by levaninep »

Georgoa eastern EU