Back to the roots

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

Vurumai
Novice

Back to the roots

Post by Vurumai »

Grew up in Louisiana can can't believe that none of my backwoods relatives did not distill. Lived in WNC where distilling and moonshining were in every cultural museum and folk art center I ever went into. Tried brewing beer and wine at home but it never took. Then I found a love of distilling and it is the best 10th grade science project that I have ever seen.

Already read a lot, bought books, watched Youtube, red and posted over at r/firewater, bought a still and equipment and getting ready to start a vinegar run and my first sugar wash. Plans to try UJSSM after that until I have it down.
Dancing4dan
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Back to the roots

Post by Dancing4dan »

Welcome to HD! Enjoy the journey.
"What harms us is to persist in self deceit and ignorance"
Marcus Aurelius
I’m not an alcoholic! I’m a drunk. Alcoholics go to meetings!
Deplorable
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Deplorable »

Welcome. Once you have stock building up and start getting into the stuff you've had on wood for 6 to 12 months, the rewards this hobby pays really begin to shine. (Pun intended)
Fear and ridicule are the tactics of weak-minded cowards and tyrants who have no other leadership talent from which to draw in order to persuade.
Corn Cracker
Swill Maker

Post by Corn Cracker »

Welcome to the group, sounds like your well on your way.
"To ease the pressures of this world here's the way i got it figured, the thing to do for me and you is to drink lots of good corn liquor"
Buck Owens