FNG Here, just checking in . . .

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

IRQVET
Novice

FNG Here, just checking in . . .

Post by IRQVET »

Hey Ya’ll,

FNG here just checking in. I used to brew beer back in the day, but after watching that show Moonshiners I got interested in distilling. I have a brand new 10 gallon still just sitting in the box. I haven’t played with it yet as I’m trying to get all my supplies before I do my first run. The plan for my first run is just to do a simple Peacan receipe that I aquired via the good ole interwebs.

Cheers. :wave:

[attachment=0]still flame.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
still flame.jpg
Deplorable
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: FNG Here, just checking in . . .

Post by Deplorable »

That should make a fine drop once you master running it. All the information you need is here in these pages. Read until your eyes bleed, then start applying what you read.
Make sure you clean that still proper before you drink anything that comes out of it.
Fear and ridicule are the tactics of weak-minded cowards and tyrants who have no other leadership talent from which to draw in order to persuade.
IRQVET
Novice

Post by IRQVET »

I bought citric acid to do a stripper run to clean out the still. Is that the best path forward?
NZChris
Master of Distillation

Post by NZChris »

No. A vinegar run followed by a sacrificial alcohol run will clean out the toxins left over from the build.
Deplorable
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Deplorable »

What Chris said.
Make a dilution of 1 gallon of vinegar, to a gallon of water, and run it through the boiler and thumper.
Make up a cheap sugar wash for your sacrificial alcohol run, then start making your favorite boozes.
Fear and ridicule are the tactics of weak-minded cowards and tyrants who have no other leadership talent from which to draw in order to persuade.
IRQVET
Novice

Post by IRQVET »

Thanks guys, appreciate it.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Welcome . You've been given good advice I have no need to add to .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .