Restarting Fielding

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

draggs636nz
Novice

Restarting Fielding

Post by draggs636nz »

Hi All,

About 8 years ago, built my own still out of an old pressure cooker run on a butane stove... worked but was not great at volume, just been to busy for years... I ran about 15 batch's, some mash's failed, other time my makeshift still would just puke.... all on the road of learning did finally get its all together and get some alcohol, until my still gave out, 5 years later and I am starting again, after buying a second hand Stillspirits 25ltr pot still... which seems like its not been used much, has had some abuse and is missing a lot of stuff.... anyway patching this still up using sprinkler parts for the local hardware shop (for water cooling lines) in a few days plan to run a clean through it to see what else needs doing, seals do look good.

My mash is a Crushed corn and Barley job, which every run I refine my recipe a little by little, by squeezing the interwebs for all the techniques. Like I said below I have learnt some lessons the hard way. Currently have a mash fermenting atmo so hopefully I can get the still running in time.
Ben
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Restarting Fielding

Post by Ben »

Welcome back, the T500 is a really common starter still you will have no problem finding support on this site.
:)
Demy
Master of Distillation

Post by Demy »

welcome draggs
Corn Cracker
Swill Maker

Post by Corn Cracker »

I think it's the best way to learn, build it, tinker with it and keep upgrading.
"To ease the pressures of this world here's the way i got it figured, the thing to do for me and you is to drink lots of good corn liquor"
Buck Owens