Hello From Oklahoma

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

Fletching
Site Donor
Site Donor

Hello From Oklahoma

Post by Fletching »

Hi,

I have been reading/researching heavily on this site for the past two years, and have been distilling quite frequently along the way. However, I just now decided to join the site.

Like most people wanting to get into the hobby, two years ago, I watched a YouTube video or two, bought me a CM still online, and made a PID controller. It didn’t lake long after ordering it to stumble upon this site, to which, I quickly realized I had made a mistake.

Nonetheless, I started with the CM still packed with copper scrubbies and ran a ton of Birdwatchers through it. The chase to get better and better at making quality product had me hooked.

My set up, as well as the wash I run through it, has changed quite a bit since then.

For neutrals, I now run a 2” CCVM with 60” of packing (Now SPP instead of copper scrubbies). I use an SCR controller instead of the PID and haven’t looked back.

For whisk(e)y, I either do a strip then spirit run in my 15.5 gallon boiler, or I add in my 15.5 gallon keg to use as a thumper. I sure have began to enjoy that thing…

Anyways, I have had a blast for the past two years, have been able to make some very drinkable stuff, and look forward to interacting with you all and learning tons more.

Thanks,
Fletching
Saltbush Bill
Site Mod

Re: Hello From Oklahoma

Post by Saltbush Bill »

Welcome aboard Fletch,.
No need to warn you of the pitfalls of Youtube then :thumbup:
Seems your well on your way to making some great booze.
Stonecutter
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Hello From Oklahoma

Post by Stonecutter »

Nice intro Fletching! Welcome yo!
Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing.
-Thomas Paine