Hello

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

Durham
Novice

Hello

Post by Durham »

Greetings. I am a small batch distiller (5 gal) and have been at it for 3 yrs. I use a Grainfather with the alembic still cap. Works pretty well. My distilling hobby was an extension of my 30 years of brewing my own beer. I purchased my Grainfather brewing system about 5 yrs ago. During a trip to my local homebrew supply store I spotted this copper thing on the shelf , I inquired and when the sales person told me what it was I went home and did some reading. A few weeks later, during the holidays I bought the still hat. My first wash was a simple sugar wash. I then tried George Washington's Rye whiskey recipe. I got a lot of positive feedback from my family. I now have a project board that makes my wife shake her head. I should mention that I am partially disabled with only one working arm/hand. It makes some things a challenge but the rewards are worth the effort. I look forward to reading the posts on this community board.
Bushman
Admin

Re: Hello

Post by Bushman »

Welcome, I have not yet tried the George Washington rye but my rye is my go to drink. Enjoy the forum lots of great information.