New from North Carolina

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

Pgpelton2006
Novice

New from North Carolina

Post by Pgpelton2006 »

New to this forum and am really curious about distilling.
I’m in the triad area of North Carolina. I look forward to learning and becoming better educated before taking the plunge.

Thank you in advance for the education

Paul
SmokyMtn
Rumrunner

Re: New from North Carolina

Post by SmokyMtn »

Welcome to forum. Check out "mandatory reading", is a great place to start. You need to identify your goals and favorite drinks. Understand what still type and methods needed to complete said goals. Good luck and enjoy the journey. This is a deep rabbit hole you're stepping into.
My 9" Shotgun Condenser

This hobby really is not so much about making alcohol. But bottling opportunities to make memories with Friends and Family.
Sailman
Swill Maker

Post by Sailman »

Welcome neighbor I'm somewhere east of you. Yes do a lot of reading that will help you out more than anything.
n_plains_drifter
Swill Maker

Post by n_plains_drifter »

Yo PG, Welcome.

Just like you, I spent a number of years here off and on, doing my research and planning my entry. Depending upon where your interest lie, there are all sorts of rabbit holes to run down. My first suggestion would be to identify what you like to drink. That may lead you to what you want to make. But it also might make you say: Hell no, too much work to start with THAT, I'll try something easier.

Read, think, reread, and ask questions. This is a great group if you do your homework.

Best, Drifter