First Generation!

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

VirgilEarp
Novice

First Generation!

Post by VirgilEarp »

Hey everyone, new guy here in KY just studying and reading my tail off! I'm excited to start, but that step will take some time as I try and plan out my bill and process. The value of information here is worth more than money could buy! I hope to start one day with a short column pot, and shotgun condenser. Probably gonna try a few runs of UJSSM for my first, then try to expand from there. I hope to use my spring/stream water (if it works well in test-mash), as well as a mix of home grown sweet corn, and malted dent smoked with my secret smoke blend. Utilize local honey for sugar boost. (Maybe propigate a local yeast strain too, hopefully.) My dream is to create something quality all local. Might even try aging some day down the line. I really want to commend everyone for the contribution, the trials and errors, and the reports and results of such! It's given me more than a notebook of notes and ideas! Thank ya'll!
SmokyMtn
Rumrunner

Re: First Generation!

Post by SmokyMtn »

Welcome to the forum. Take your time reading. No need to get in a hurry. Good luck
My 9" Shotgun Condenser

This hobby really is not so much about making alcohol. But bottling opportunities to make memories with Friends and Family.
Demy
Master of Distillation

Re: First Generation!

Post by Demy »

welcome to the forum