Noob says hi

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

McBaggins
Novice

Noob says hi

Post by McBaggins »

Hey Everyone,

First of all, thanks for putting this site together and making it searchable. I've been wanting to get into distilling for a while but it was never a convenient time. Well, life will never give you a convenient time to do anything so here I am 8) .

This site came up quickly after Googling around and it was pretty intimidating with all the info, so I started watching some YouTube videos to try and get a "quick start" into distilling. What I found is that they either oversimplified a lot of techniques, or had advice that sounded good on the surface, but didn't make a whole lot of sense when I researched more or thought about them for a day or two (e.g. using silicone, heat sources, etc...). So no more trying to find shortcuts.
I hope to gain a lot of knowledge, find some success in making good quality liquor, and maybe even create a post or two that someone will find useful :D
acfixer69
Global moderator

Re: Noob says hi

Post by acfixer69 »

Welcome to HD. Glad to see you here before you got fooled by the tubers and sales folks. Follow the rules and you will be sipping your own stuff.