New to the craft

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

SGT19K20
Novice

New to the craft

Post by SGT19K20 »

I’ve been wanting to try my hand at this for years and am finally taking the 1st step. I read on this forum years ago that a gentleman made kind of a hybrid reflux/pot still column. I’m already in the works with that, but can’t find his posts anymore. Any help with this would be great.
Deplorable
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: New to the craft

Post by Deplorable »

Whatever you decide to build, make it modular. A lot has changed in the last few years when it comes to what's popular in the world of hobby distilling. What you thought might have been the bees knees a decade ago, is probably resting on the scrap pile of history today.
What do you primarily want to make? What kind of volume are you talking about?
Fear and ridicule are the tactics of weak-minded cowards and tyrants who have no other leadership talent from which to draw in order to persuade.
SGT19K20
Novice

Post by SGT19K20 »

I found the original stuff that I was basing my design off of, it was a Bokakob sent in by uncle jessy. I’m into whiskeys and moonshines of all flavors. I’d also like to make smooth vodkas. Really just want to try everything!!
Twisted Brick
Master of Distillation

Post by Twisted Brick »

Steal the blueprint from Deplorable’s modular kit.
“Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore, always carry a small snake.”

- W.C. Fields

My EZ Solder Shotgun
My Steam Rig and Manometer