New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

Shine4fun
Novice

Post by Shine4fun »

I am new to distilling and come from the wine making hobby. I have bought my still (8 gallon Samagon from Speakeasy) and have run it a few times. I live in Texas and have been reading a lot prior to coming here. Look forward to learning more.
Saltbush Bill
Site Mod

Re: New Member

Post by Saltbush Bill »

Welcome aboard, Shine4fun.
A lot of people here wont know what a "8 gallon Samagon from Speakeasy" is , I googled it for a look.
subbrew
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by subbrew »

Welcome. Your wine making experience will help with the ferments, particularly for brandy. What are you expecting to make?
Shine4fun
Novice

Post by Shine4fun »

subbrew wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:26 pm Welcome. Your wine making experience will help with the ferments, particularly for brandy. What are you expecting to make?
I plan to try it all over time but probably Brandy, Rum and Vodka will be the main things I focus on. Sorry for the late response.
I am in over my head. :)
Shine4fun
Novice

Post by Shine4fun »

Saltbush Bill wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:53 pm Welcome aboard, Shine4fun.
A lot of people here wont know what a "8 gallon Samagon from Speakeasy" is , I googled it for a look.
Yea I didn't know either until I was looking at it and found a video on it and learned the name and different design. It runs the same as most stills though. Least in my experience. I liked the size and price.
I am in over my head. :)