New to the hobby.

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

Dhinch64
Novice

New to the hobby.

Post by Dhinch64 »

Hey,
I made beer from kits years ago, but didn't understand fermenting, yeast, how the process worked, or anything. Just followed a recipe.

Now, I am very interested in this hobby, but I have a lot to learn. This month, I've made some Vienna Lager that turned out very nice (in my opinion), and some very dry apple wine that I'm going to pasteurize and sweeten.

I also did a 5 gallon corn mash that I'm going to distill, but need to do my reading to make sure I do it safely and so I can trust the finished product.

Looking forward to participating in the forum as I gain knowledge and experience.
subbrew
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: New to the hobby.

Post by subbrew »

Welcome and sounds like you are off too a good start. Since you did a corn mash I assume you already have a still?

There is a lot to learn. Recommend running a few of the tried and true recipes once you do the required new member reading. It is a great way to learn your equipment by taking a lot of the recipe variable out of the equation.
Corn Cracker
Swill Maker

Re: New to the hobby.

Post by Corn Cracker »

Welcome, keep us posted on your corn mash, there's a lot of great info here
"To ease the pressures of this world here's the way i got it figured, the thing to do for me and you is to drink lots of good corn liquor"
Buck Owens