New distiller

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

kero
Novice

New distiller

Post by kero »

Hi everyone.
New guy from Turkey. I've been making wine and apple cider for 3 years and decided to enter the distilling game. I bought a 25 liter still from a guy who sounded like he knows his stuff. The still is a straight high column. He said this style of stills are called rokokop but I couldn't find how it is called in English. But anyway, seems to work great. I could get really pure hearts on the second run.

I have many fruits around me and quite a few times I ended up with some wine that didn't ferment all the way. Apart from grapes, I live in an area that grows lots of apples so I have a steady supply of apples. So as soon as I am done with the wine I want to go into apple brandy. And who knows whatever next. The distilling knowledge and culture, once very rich in my country is just about dead now. So I am grateful for this forum.

Happy distilling.
NormandieStill
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: New distiller

Post by NormandieStill »

Welcome.

I would guess a BokaBob (Often called a Boka). Search the site and you'll find all the information that you need on your still.

Happy reading.
"I have a potstill that smears like a fresh plowed coon on the highway" - Jimbo

A little spoon feeding *For New & Novice Distillers
n_plains_drifter
Swill Maker

Re: New distiller

Post by n_plains_drifter »

Howdy Kero,
Happy to have you. I havent tried apple brandy yet, but that is one of my goals.

Best, Drifter