Hello

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

Mbsteveo
Novice

Hello

Post by Mbsteveo »

Hi there my name is steve and I and I am very new to this and hoping to learn alot more about the craft
LWTCS
Site Mod

Re: Hello

Post by LWTCS »

Hi Steve,
Please post your question in the appropriate forum.

Best.
Trample the injured and hurdle the dead.
subbrew
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by subbrew »

Welcome Steve. There is a lot to learn. Do you have any experience in fermenting? metal work? Both can shorten the learning curve, the metal work part for building a still. Rather than trying to take it all in you might pick a drink you would like to make and then start researching what is needed for that. Just gives the research a bit more focus, helped me.
Mbsteveo
Novice

Post by Mbsteveo »

Thanks for the advice I am just doing a simple sugar wash but when it comes out of fan still has very bitter bad after taste
Mbsteveo
Novice

Post by Mbsteveo »

Smells like hand sanitizer or nail polish and have tried everything to get rid of taste
Saltbush Bill
Site Mod

Post by Saltbush Bill »

Steve if you have questions about why your booze tastes bad you need to post them in the novice distiller section of the forum. This area is for welcomes only. viewforum.php?f=15