Kia ora koutou

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

pauben
Novice

Kia ora koutou

Post by pauben »

Kia ora koutou
Just posting my first post - posting from New Zealand - lockdown over here was a great way to discover distilling and this forum - both amazing discoveries :) Have two stills - a T500 which I'm essentially using for stripping runs and a small 10 litre copper alembic pot which I do my spirit runs in - perfect size to experiment on without making too many costly errors. Just experimenting with different wash recipes at the moment, initially bought the turbo yeasts but reading more about washes, have started to try Ted's vodka recipe washes - lots of fun do the millions of things you've got to try to understand and the huge amount of info on this site is a fantastic learning resource - so thank you to everyone who has and does post their knowledge and experiences to allow newbies like myself to understand the pro's and con's of doing different things in this amazing "hobby"
NZChris
Master of Distillation

Re: Kia ora koutou

Post by NZChris »

Welcome to the forum.

Have you got your fermentables in ready for your next lockdown?
juana_b
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by juana_b »

E komo mai pauben,
I think you've found the right place.
“Awards are merely the badges of mediocrity.”
― Charles Ives
Teddysad
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Teddysad »

Welcome. Where in NZ are you?
You can lead a horse to drink, but you cant make it water!
You can lead a horticulture but can you teach a prototype?

Proverbs 31:6-7