Hello, all

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

BrandyandBass
Novice

Hello, all

Post by BrandyandBass »

I’m new to site, I’ve been wanting to try this for a while! I’ve been working with copper and silver for many years making jewelry and water wall/ features. I been in love with copper since I made my first water wall. I remembered, I had a copper tea pot I scored at a garage sale and here I am. Building the cap, thumper well you get it, was the easy part for me. But I’ve since added 6 qt stock pot( until I can get more copper) so I can run a whole gallon. I’m here to find helpful tips, stay safe, get ideas.
Thank you for having me.
🍻 BrandyandBass
AKA Jen.
P.s
Any help
I can give with the polical/ federal bullshit
That keeps out hobby under ground please let me know.
I love making wine 😉
subbrew
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Hello, all

Post by subbrew »

Welcome. What do you want to make? 6 qt would make a nice gin still but I think you will find it hard to use for making much else. The small size mean very little product which makes it very hard to select the hearts cut.

Lots of options and your metal working skills will serve you well. Read up on hardware and ask questions.
tjsc5f
Swill Maker

Post by tjsc5f »

Greetings. It's awesome that you can do, and enjoy the copper work. Some people make it look so easy, but I have enough trouble just sweating fittings!
Oldvine Zin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Oldvine Zin »

Cool skills and welcome in
Stay safe
OVZ