G'day from the South Seas

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

Floodrick
Novice

G'day from the South Seas

Post by Floodrick »

Hi there, first up Id like to thank the community for already providing a lot of information (via google searches).

I thought it was well over due to join and actually become a part of this community and hopefully, in time become a helpful contributing member. I'm very greatful to be down here in NZ at the bottom of the world in a place once named "The hell hole of the Pacific" where distilling for ones own consumption is legal and I understand what a privelage it is to be able to do so openly. Im a 'boilermaker/fabricator' by trade with 15 years pipe welding experience throughout the oil and gas and mining industries, which made building the still a fun 'job'. I have a built a basic s/s keg boiler (LPG fired) with a large flanged top for access with a liebig style condenser with rums, whiskeys and flavortown being my target, Im planning an oil jacketed version as markII but its still with the R&D department.. Im very new and only just scratching the surface of fermentation and distillation but have sucessfully managed to run several fruit 'brandies' and with my second all grain corn/malted barley mash fermenting away as I type.
Again, thanks for the shared wisdom that has been coalated here, its a real gem.

(unsure what tapatalk is sorry Tater, unsure it is a thing downunder?)

Cheers all,
Floodrick
VLAGAVULVIN
Distiller

Re: G'day from the South Seas

Post by VLAGAVULVIN »

Hey from the fells which are so far legal for home distilling, too.
Welcome onboard, Mr. Fabricator :)

har druckit för mycket
Demy
Master of Distillation

Re: G'day from the South Seas

Post by Demy »

Welcome!