Back At It

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

Hoo-Head John
Novice

Back At It

Post by Hoo-Head John »

Howdy from Texas! I’ve been shining on and off over the past 15 years. I’ve moved around Texas quite a bit due to my work. When I could find a good water source I would shine, but finding a good water source is the first step to making sure the end product is worthy of the time and expense it takes to make a quality product!
I started out with a 5 gallon copper pot still with a 1 gallon Thumper and worm.
Then I purchased a 15 gallon Beer Keg with a Reflux Column.
Rig I use most now. 2020 I purchased a 30 gallon Copper Pot Still, with a 10 gallon thumper with a fruit port and a 10 gallon worm.
I know the basics but I want to get into the science of making a quality fruit wash and getting that fruit flavor transferred to the clear without adding fruit to the jar.

Thanks for letting me join! I look forward to learning and contributing to the group as the opportunities present themselves!

I have never installed Tapatalk. I know it’s an app but don’t know anything about it. :D
SassyFrass
Distiller
Location: Sittin' on the side of the Mountain sippin' and smilin'

Re: Back At It

Post by SassyFrass »

Welcome. You'll find plenty of info here to help your journey be fruitful. Have fun.
SF
Simple Lil' Pot Still, no temp guage, no carbon, no scrubbers, nuthin' fancy. Sometimes use a thumper, sometimes don't.

Real good info for New Folks:
LWTCS
Site Mod

Re: Back At It

Post by LWTCS »

Finding a good water source? For a hobby outfit?
Small RO unit on the household spigot.
Last edited by LWTCS on Sat May 21, 2022 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Double post
Trample the injured and hurdle the dead.