Hello from Melbourne

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

andrew_987789
Novice

Hello from Melbourne

Post by andrew_987789 »

Hi all,

Just joined the forum.

Been at the distilling a few years now. Nothing overly fancy equipment-wise at the moment. Currently running the t500 boiler, reflux column, and copper dome pot still.

Have been making vodka and gin with the column. The pot still mostly for stripping runs to start, but also into Blackstrap molasses rum more recently which has been the best yet, I think.

Looking to improve the column setup soon, I think.

Looking forward to chatting and learning more.
Sporacle
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Hello from Melbourne

Post by Sporacle »

:wave: Welcome along Andrew, plenty of good info here
" you can pick your nose and you can pick your friends; but you can't always wipe your friends off on your saddle" sage advice from Kinky Friedman
The Baker
Master of Distillation

Post by The Baker »

Welcome from a bit further north.

Geoff
The Baker
andrew_987789
Novice

Post by andrew_987789 »

Sporacle wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 6:49 pm :wave: Welcome along Andrew, plenty of good info here
Have a few weeks reading ahead of me I'm sure :ebiggrin:
Saltbush Bill
Site Mod

Post by Saltbush Bill »

Welcome from even further North......quite a few Distillers around the Melbourne area that I know personally. I'm not a city lover....but I do like to visit Melbourne and surrounds occasionally. That place has a lot of interesting little distillery's to visit.
Was an interesting program on TV just the other day about the "Tiny Bear" distillery....its in your neck of the woods.
The owner started his stilling journey on a forum a bit like this one......he's made the dream come alive.
https://tinybear.com.au/