Hello Whirld

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

Mr Jim
Novice

Hello Whirld

Post by Mr Jim »

Hello. My name is Jim. I fermented and distilled as a teenager.
(FYI: never use rubber hose in your recovery)

Jim here in Proles, Washington State; USA: the armpit of process control and papermaking on the Columbia River, western USA.
Longtime lurker, reformed internet troll.

I really enjoy the reading here since I got bit again.  I used to make beer in Portland Oregon in the mid '80's where you could buy back ceramic capped beer bottles from grocery stores for a nickel each. I worked near the Henery Weinhard's brewery and felt right at home with the hoppy brewery smells I grew up with in Milwaukee Wisconsin. Pabst was a block away from the Technical college there: the Best Tour in town. Lurk it sometime.

I am enjoying reading the mail here and am getting an idea what direction I want to go.
I love designing things. I have a wide skill and educational base, mostly in fabrication and I make prototypes and sometimes better mouse traps.

My Leibig is my groove right now. It's going to be where all the science is going to happen and the beautiful thing is, is that this process of fractional distillation and the Science going on is all on paper - even an Onion has good Science behind it: The process stalls and washes itself when it percolates/pukes.
[I picked up two coffee Urns for $6.00 and one is a West Bend with a double wall, in Avocado Green: cir. 1969.]

(Real hipsters here listen to KNKX BTW. Stream it sometime)

That's it for now.  I am the guy those XX beer commercials memed: I am that guy: THE MOST Interesting man in the Wirld. Yepper and I am running out the clock designing and prototyping and loving life.
later.
Jim
Jstroke
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Hello Whirld

Post by Jstroke »

Mr Jim,

Welcome aboard. Can’t wait to see your mousetraps. Never know when someone is going to break out something new.

Have fun and enjoy.
J
If in doubt leave it out.