newbie to forum

Production methods from starch to sugars.

Moderator: Site Moderator

norcal
Novice

newbie to forum

Post by norcal »

Hi Yall,
I have been lurking the forums for about the last month or so. I wish I had found them and homedistiller.org a long time ago. You guys have got it going on! :lol: :lol: :)
I wish I could say that I am the the third generation of shiners in my faimly, but the last two generations were not blood. :wink: Any way, I missed the hobby so I decided to build my self a still. I built a "world class home distillation apparatus". I'm sure some of you know the one. It's a reflux still, I use marbles for packing and a 15gal beer keg for a boiler. It all seems to work fine. I miss the flavors of the old pot stills thoe. (I'll be building a new head soon, of the pot still variety) Some mods are in order on this one. Mabey some of those copper scrubbers...
I am sipping my second batch now. Not bad for nuttn but suggar sap and yeast (ok and some other things). We used to use apples or corn, what ever was in season.
Any how just wanted to thank you guys (and gals?) for sharing your wealth of information with the rest of the world.
AkCoyote
Swill Maker

Post by AkCoyote »

Welcome to the board norcal. If you're sippin already you must be doing something right :P

AkCoyote