"Scotch" whisky - my fermenting plan.

Production methods from starch to sugars.

Moderator: Site Moderator

bilgriss
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: "Scotch" whisky - my fermenting plan.

Post by bilgriss »

Making a Scotch Whisky.pdf
(1.48 MiB) Downloaded 153 times
This was attached way back there. Is that what you were looking for?
ats333
Novice

Post by ats333 »

bilgriss wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:10 pm Making a Scotch Whisky.pdf

Thanks, but I was hoping for the rest of it. At the end of that he says that the rest is coming shortly. Not sure if he ever got around to it
Stircrazy
Novice

Post by Stircrazy »

ats333 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:13 am

Thanks, but I was hoping for the rest of it. At the end of that he says that the rest is coming shortly. Not sure if he ever got around to it
Me also haha, interesting read, several misconseptions about the scotch industry but that was 11 years ago and it wasnt in the forfront like it is now.

I was hoping to find more tips and tricks for mashing, fermenting and distilling 100% malted marley as 99% of what I plan on doing is single malt, especialy some peated using different amlount of heavy peated malt in ratios up to 100%.

Steve
Deplorable
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Deplorable »

Stircrazy wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:47 pm

Me also haha, interesting read, several misconseptions about the scotch industry but that was 11 years ago and it wasnt in the forfront like it is now.

I was hoping to find more tips and tricks for mashing, fermenting and distilling 100% malted marley as 99% of what I plan on doing is single malt, especialy some peated using different amlount of heavy peated malt in ratios up to 100%.

Steve
Read Jimbo's Single Malt thread in the T&T section. SIngle Malts are pretty simple really. The hard aprt is chosing grains to get the flavor profile you want.
Fear and ridicule are the tactics of weak-minded cowards and tyrants who have no other leadership talent from which to draw in order to persuade.
Stircrazy
Novice

Post by Stircrazy »

Deplorable wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:12 pm
Stircrazy wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:47 pm

Steve
Read Jimbo's Single Malt thread in the T&T section. SIngle Malts are pretty simple really. The hard aprt is chosing grains to get the flavor profile you want.
Awsome Ill take a look for it, I think the choosing of the different roast levels of the barley will be the fun part, little batches to play around with thoes profiles.