something good finally

Production methods from starch to sugars.

Moderator: Site Moderator

sherriff Buffoerd pusser
Bootlegger

something good finally

Post by sherriff Buffoerd pusser »

ran "boogers cheap grape " wash today thruogh pot still best stuff I made so far by a long shot.I made a new fermenter out of 55 gal plastic barrell I found in back of shop got it clean and somethings going in it.Wish yall culd have seen look on womens face at Wal-Mart tonight when I bought 100 pounds of sugar and a aquarium pump.
whats life without a challenge
Tater
Admin

Post by Tater »

Good for you. Will get easyer now thats under your belt.
I use a pot still.Sometimes with a thumper
sherriff Buffoerd pusser
Bootlegger

Post by sherriff Buffoerd pusser »

Thanks Tater I wouldnt say this was a great drink but I think this was a good start. If I can just improve a little over time but having a great time with all of it. :)
whats life without a challenge
junkyard dawg
Master of Distillation

Post by junkyard dawg »

I bet everyone here can say you'll get better with time. Good hootch is made in the mash and that takes some practice. Good thing this is so much fun... :D
Tater
Admin

Post by Tater »

junkyard dawg wrote:I bet everyone here can say you'll get better with time. Good hootch is made in the mash and that takes some practice. Good thing this is so much fun... :D
True enough dawg Ive allways said makin likker with a potstill easy as fallin off a log.If ya got any sence of taste and smell ya can learn to make cuts.But if ya aint got a good wash/mash ya cant expect to have good likker. Allways seemed odd to me to use turbos and make washes that had to be cleaned before and after stilling to get clean enough to add flavors to.Or for that matter to double run in a pot still unless doing washes /mashes to get proofs up.A well made wash/mash in a single run is to me where the flavors at.But as granny allways said [to each their own]
I use a pot still.Sometimes with a thumper