burry fermenter under ground

Production methods from starch to sugars.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Mr.Spooky
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: burry fermenter under ground

Post by Mr.Spooky »

shadylane wrote:
Saltbush Bill wrote:It cant be 120 in that shed all of the time , what does the temp drop to on a hot night ?
One way to see, would be to fill a barrel full of water, to see what it's temps average out to, over a couple nights and days
Thats doable but how much temp would you figure in due to fermenting 30 gallons?
4" plate column >>>[/color] the flame that burns twice as bright only burns half as long
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

:lol: take it from a few Aussies Shed temps of 120 for 55 gal barrels is no big deal. If it was a real problem I'd be looking at wooden barrels before I went all Percy Flowers with buried shit everywhere, I reckon ya over thinking it :thumbup:
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
Mr.Spooky
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Mr.Spooky »

thecroweater wrote::lol: take it from a few Aussies Shed temps of 120 for 55 gal barrels is no big deal. If it was a real problem I'd be looking at wooden barrels before I went all Percy Flowers with buried shit everywhere, I reckon ya over thinking it :thumbup:
Thanks ! Sounds like you know what you are talking about. Ill give it a shot then. On a side note, us Americans here in the south keep ALL KINDS of things burried here and there,,, just incase :shh:
4" plate column >>>[/color] the flame that burns twice as bright only burns half as long
NZChris
Master of Distillation

Post by NZChris »

If I want to know what the ground temperature is, I drive a pipe down as far as I want to measure, then drop a thermocouple down it.