Liquid enzymes

Production methods from starch to sugars.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Liquid enzymes

Postby Bavis54 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:59 am

Hello friends- Thanks to everyone who’s keeping my son in they’re prayers it’s been long time since I been on here, n I wanna continue to ask for everyone’s prayers, I have a little more free time now so I wanna do some more ag ferments this year- my question is this- is there a set protocol for using liquid enzymes? I’ve read several threads on how certain ppl used them with success. I’ve read several experiments where they compared to usual malt mashing. I jus wondered if there are a set standard of temps or a guideline protocol to go by when using them. I ordered sebstar liquid alpha amylase, and I just wondered if there was a set standard I could go by using it. I’ve used powder alpha before, and I’ve done it the normal way- where u cook the crap outta corn at 185-190- stir til ur arms fall off, let it cool til 148 then add malts, stir , stir, n stir some more. And the bourbon, white dog, and everything I made last year that was all grain turned out excellent. It truly turned out to be a superior product. Once I learned how to make good cuts by taste n smell, the product made truly is better than product made using bags n bags of sugar. What I’m wanting is an easier or more efficient way of converting starch to dextrins, and I wanna try the liquid enzymes. Any help here will be appreciated
semper fi
Bavis54
Swill Maker

Re: Liquid enzymes

Postby Bavis54 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:27 am

I made a typo above- the liquid enzymes I have ordered are sebstar alpha and sebstar gluco- amylase. My main question is at what temps do I add each one and at what step
semper fi
Bavis54
Swill Maker

Postby frunobulax » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:44 am

HERE is a set of instructions.
frunobulax
Site Donor
Site Donor

Postby rgreen2002 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:57 am

Also, punkin's
will show you how an all grain with liquid enzymes is done.
HD Glossary - Open this
A little spoon feeding *For New & Novice Distillers - start here
BEST WAY TO GET ANSWERS FROM HOME DISTILLER
"In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is."
rgreen2002
Site Donor
Site Donor

Postby Samyguy » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:38 am

Hi; I did my first ever mash, a ground corn mash, in a double boiler still.
Followed the instructions to the letter, that (frunobulax) posted above, worked perfect.
Samyguy
Novice

Postby Bavis54 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:48 am

Thank you friends, The enzyimash page is exactly what I was looking for- thank you-
semper fi
Bavis54
Swill Maker

Return to Mashing and Fermenting