Wierd - about temperatures

Production methods from starch to sugars.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Pikey
Site Donor
Site Donor

Wierd - about temperatures

Post by Pikey »

I got 4 ferments going - all "Bacardi(ish)" in my ferment cabinet. 4 x 25 litre fermenters put down last night. Supposed temperature controller I can't get to switch on and off although it's measuring temps ok and upper limit and lower limit are set.

So I clsed the lid and left it overnight.

This morning temperature in cabinet is 35 dC ! external temp is 21 dC.So I propped the lid open, but temp is holding at 35 dC

Measured teh wash temerature - 40 dC ! :shock: (That's 104 dF ! )

Well they're all fizzin' away like a fresh poured Coke !

I'm wonderin' whether I should be thinking about putting a fan on them !

The wierd thing is I took photos of the Temperature displays, but when I view the photos - the temps have changed dramatically - One reads '0' another '5' :shock: :shock:

I know when you used to photo a tv screen, you got a fuzzy line, but I never had this problem with a temperature display before !

ANy ideas ?
StillerBoy
Master of Distillation

Re: Wierd - about temperatures

Post by StillerBoy »

Have a picture of this supposed temperature controller that is giving you the headaches.. I supposed this is not the first time in use or if not, then a new one will be required..

Mars
" I know quite certainly that I myself have no special talent. Curiosity, Obsession and dogged endurance, combined with self-criticism, have brought me to my knowledge and understanding "

– Albert Einstein
Pikey
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Pikey »

I supposed this is not the first time in use or if not, then a new one will be required..

Mars[/quote]

No it's not new by any means Mars
ferment temp resize.jpg
That temp is completely wrong - The display is in Centigrade and should be readng c 40 dC

That is what was onthe display as I took the photo ! c 105 dF !
StillerBoy
Master of Distillation

Post by StillerBoy »

Those temps are quite high, but I am guessing that your are using baker's yeast.. if so it will ferment out.. as to what the overall flavor will be like, it should be ok, maybe not the best but ok..

Had a one ferment go 95*F on me some years back, the heat belt somehow just when higher watt output than what it was rated for.. got to watch those chinese belt when first used..

Mars
" I know quite certainly that I myself have no special talent. Curiosity, Obsession and dogged endurance, combined with self-criticism, have brought me to my knowledge and understanding "

– Albert Einstein
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

i start whiskey beer at 105 and by the time it cools to 85, it's done. just don't add more heat.
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.