Agro Molasses

Production methods from starch to sugars.

Moderator: Site Moderator

ochiburi
Novice

Agro Molasses

Post by ochiburi »

Anybody know anything about this stuff? "Nortembio Agro Molasses 14.3 Kg. 100% Natural. It favors the growth of crops. Universal use. Not Sulfurized."

Amazon ES has it for 34€ per 14.3Kg - can it be used as molasses for making a rum wash?

Cheers,
Laurence.
anotherplanetbrewing.com
8Ball
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Agro Molasses

Post by 8Ball »

Sounds expensive. Any feed stores near you? Blackstrap for animals, unsulphered, works well and is cheap.
🎱 The struggle is real and this rabbit hole just got interesting.
Per a conversation I had with Mr. Jay Gibbs regarding white oak barrel staves: “…you gotta get it burning good.”
NZChris
Master of Distillation

Post by NZChris »

Rum Agol
Swill Maker

Post by Rum Agol »

It is sold as fertiliser but can be used for rum . Supplier states it has about 46% sugar content but I couldnt see anything about sugar content on the label .I agree with 8Ball its expensive - try looking at farm and horse supply stores. I can get 25L of NAF molasses (35kg) for £30 online in the UK
ochiburi
Novice

Post by ochiburi »

Thanks all, especially nzchris for pointing me at the other post. I have already started asking some animal feed makers, but dunno what kind of response I will get 🍿. Amazon's nice and easy especially from a Spanish supplier. I might also ask at my local dairy farm in case they use molasses. New Spanish word learned for the day.. MELAZA though according to Google they don't have any different word to describe black strap molasses, it's all MELAZA. 😃
anotherplanetbrewing.com
NormandieStill
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by NormandieStill »

Ha ha. I've been looking at the exact same product for a few days now. I can get molasses at about 1/3rd of the price of the Nortembio but I have to buy 1000L of it which is an awful lot of rum to make for someone who can't even remember what it tastes like.
"I have a potstill that smears like a fresh plowed coon on the highway" - Jimbo

A little spoon feeding *For New & Novice Distillers