Thanks

Production methods from starch to sugars.

Moderator: Site Moderator

AlaOutlaw
Novice

Thanks

Post by AlaOutlaw »

I have been lurking here for a while and have now finally registered. I just wanted to say thank you to everybody for sharing their knowledge, experiences and ideas with us. You guys have helped me a lot. Thanks.
Grayson_Stewart
retired

Post by Grayson_Stewart »

Welcome aboard...always glad to see another person join the flock brother outlaw....especially from the great state of Alabama :wink:
Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
The Chemist
Trainee

Post by The Chemist »

Yea, Alabama:
Crimson Tide
Every 'Bama man's behind you
Hit your stride.
Go teach the Bulldogs
To behave
Send the Yellow Jackets to a watery grave
And if a man starts to weaken,
That's a shame,
'Cause 'Bama's pluck and grit
Have writ her name in Crimson Flame.
Fight on, fight on, fight on, men,
Remember the Rose Bowl,
We'll win, then.
Yea, Alabama,
Crimson Tide,
You're Dixie's football pride,
Crimson Tide.

John '88
Purposeful motion, for one so insane...

Post by Guest »

Alabama slammer here too......good to see some boys from down home on the board ( Wondering out loud if any of the Alabama boys ever spent time at Harrys Bar in Tuscaloosa ? Havent been there in years, but those were some good times in undergrad at UA) ....Ive learned alot here......Ive run about 5 batches now....and I continue to detect a sweet taste in my sugar wash product.....wondering if trying some of Uncle Jesse's corn in my wash might knock it back a bit, or perhaps less sugar ?? ( If I run any slower I will have to hire someone to help me....running bout 12 hours begin to end these days)

Im about to the point where I will have a couple of gallons of odds n ends to make a dedicated run for.....Hear tell that can be some of your best stuff....

I have noticed that its tougher to run in the summer...with summer heat coming on...it gets hot on my screened porch ! Maybe its cuz Im dropping the shades to keep the neighbors from seein what Im up to....

It would be interesting to meet some of these folks in person sometime...Im guessing we would be suprised by how widely we vary....ie different walks of life, etc..but with a common interest..

Xcuse the ramblin.....Im presently enjoying some White Russians using homemade Kaluha & clear shine... Anybody see The Big Lebowski lately ?
runforthehills

Post by runforthehills »

Twas me.....sans the login...
pangea

Post by pangea »

Anonymous wrote:Alabama slammer here too......good to see some boys from down home on the board ( Wondering out loud if any of the Alabama boys ever spent time at Harrys Bar in Tuscaloosa ? Havent been there in years, but those were some good times in undergrad at UA) ....Ive learned alot here......Ive run about 5 batches now....and I continue to detect a sweet taste in my sugar wash product.....wondering if trying some of Uncle Jesse's corn in my wash might knock it back a bit, or perhaps less sugar ?? ( If I run any slower I will have to hire someone to help me....running bout 12 hours begin to end these days)

Im about to the point where I will have a couple of gallons of odds n ends to make a dedicated run for.....Hear tell that can be some of your best stuff....

I have noticed that its tougher to run in the summer...with summer heat coming on...it gets hot on my screened porch ! Maybe its cuz Im dropping the shades to keep the neighbors from seein what Im up to....

It would be interesting to meet some of these folks in person sometime...Im guessing we would be suprised by how widely we vary....ie different walks of life, etc..but with a common interest..

Xcuse the ramblin.....Im presently enjoying some White Russians using homemade Kaluha & clear shine... Anybody see The Big Lebowski lately ?
Danged alcoholics! You actually drink this stuff? :D :D

South Tennessee here. Good to see the south rising on this site.
AlaOutlaw
Novice

Post by AlaOutlaw »

I'm glad to see all of you Bama people and supporters are here. I just did my first Turbo run in my new valved reflux still. When I get more time I will tell you guys about it and maybe get ya'll to help me with some questions I have. Thanks again.
booger
Novice

Post by booger »

Why is it I have the strange feeling I'm the only weirdo from California on this board? :lol:
Remember, free advice is worth what you pay for it.
Rocky_Creek
Rumrunner

Post by Rocky_Creek »

Georgian's here too. There are civilized "shiners".
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, and them's pretty good odds.
The Chemist
Trainee

Post by The Chemist »

booger wrote:Why is it I have the strange feeling I'm the only weirdo from California on this board? :lol:
Actually, I believe our fearless leader is in CA.
rectifier
Swill Maker

Post by rectifier »

Yeah, as a Canadian I'm probably in a pretty big minority here... Canada is not exactly famous for producing shine. The south on the other hand... :D
KatoFong
Swill Maker

Post by KatoFong »

Rectifier:

Big city Yankee living in Chicago. Yankee bootleggers are about as uncommon as Canadian ones. Except that you guys have a whole family of whiskies named after you.

Where in Canadia are you from?
The Chemist
Trainee

Post by The Chemist »

What's up, Mackerel? Why haven't you savaged this pompous, know-nothing, smack-talking Guest yet?
rectifier
Swill Maker

Post by rectifier »

Haha! Canadia, the land of the free. Except for booze or smokes, those are expensive.

That I'm from BC is the most I want to reveal on a distilling forum. It's a nice place, lots of forest land and for the most part casual and friendly people, Vancouver being the exception.
Well known for its marijuana exports down there in the US, I hear :wink: Personally, I quit that stuff ages ago.