My first Herms

Many like to post about a first successful ferment (or first all grain mash), or first still built/bought or first good run of the still. Tell us about all of these great times here.
Pics are VERY welcome, we drool over pretty copper 8)

Moderator: Site Moderator

Delloman
Novice

My first Herms

Post by Delloman »

So I have had a mile high plate still with 26g milkcan since 2014. I have mostly made UJSSM as its easy with one pot to melt the sugar but I am upgradidng to a 50 gallon spike gas trio I have wanted one for a few years but never wanted to pay the piper. With the inflation we have been seeing I figured it will never be less then it is now. So next week I receiving it. I am already fermenting in 2 50 gallon drums so that part stays the same. Will post pics when it gets here next wèek. I am so excited!

Here is a pic of the still setup
7D214664-9F37-40D5-8D26-1CF2B756A4D7.jpeg
Bushman
Admin

Re: My first Herms

Post by Bushman »

I copied and posted your picture for you. We have several threads dedicated to how to post pictures. If you post to an external site and that site is closed then the picture is lost and a broken link is in it’s place. If you are going to post pictures please post them directly to the forum.
Thanks.
Delloman
Novice

Post by Delloman »

The link was google probably not going any where buy I understand.
Delloman
Novice

Post by Delloman »

So my kettles from spike showed up on Thursday when I got to deboxing on Friday I was sadden when I realized they sent me the wrong ones. There was a communications problem and they manufactured 2 sets and they sent the wrong one. They are fixing the problem but it will be another week before I get the correct set luckily it was there mistake and they are fixing it at there cost I recommend them if you want a set of amazing kettles.