First Alcohol Run PICS - HEADS / TAILS?

Many like to post about a first successful ferment (or first all grain mash), or first still built/bought or first good run of the still. Tell us about all of these great times here.
Pics are VERY welcome, we drool over pretty copper 8)

Moderator: Site Moderator

MyWifeComplains
Novice

First Alcohol Run PICS - HEADS / TAILS?

Post by MyWifeComplains »

Hello Everybody,

We successfully ran our first batch of bananna moonshine!! We ran about 3 gallons and ended up with the following. The mash initially boiled over (even though we left 30% of the pot unfilled) so we turned down the heat and it ran just fine. We only kept jars 3-4-5-6-7. We discarded the first about 350 ml to be safe (it was tainted in color.) We stopped collecting at 25% alcohol. Jar #7 was about 25%.
resized1.jpg
resized1.jpg (5.6 KiB) Viewed 1196 times
Here are the first 4 in closer detail. Jars 1 & 2 (1 especially) definetly had that nail polish remover smell. Overall the final mixture tasted OK...final proof of 80. Questions..
resized2.jpg
resized2.jpg (6.88 KiB) Viewed 1196 times
What's what here? obviously the first jar (350ml) is pure heads...is it supposed to be that cloudy?
Bojmir
Novice

Re: First Alcohol Run PICS - HEADS / TAILS?

Post by Bojmir »

Wow that's really amazing for first run. You guys must be really cool dudes!!! :ewink:
Bayou-Ruler
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bayou-Ruler »

Well, its they tails that are usually cloudy, not the heads. She may have puked a little. :wtf:
Bayou Ethanol
Ethanol Fuel Producer

AFP-LA-15027
http://www.BayouEthanol.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
August West
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by August West »

Congrats and safe stillin'

+2 BR regurgitation.

AW
If you waste your time a talkin' to the people who won't listen to the things you've got to tell them, who do you think's gonna care?
OlympicMtDoo
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by OlympicMtDoo »

Gota agree with Boyou, I've had cloudy tails but never heads, must have puked at the start.
Sometimes I wonder why is that Frisbee getting bigger......and then it hits me.
Uncle Artie
Novice

Post by Uncle Artie »

I'm a newbie like you, so I don't have much constructive to add. I am totally going to give bananna shine a try though. Where'd you get your recipe?
Just getting started, trying not to be another idiot building a poison mill.