Just completed first still!

Many like to post about a first successful ferment (or first all grain mash), or first still built/bought or first good run of the still. Tell us about all of these great times here.
Pics are VERY welcome, we drool over pretty copper 8)

Moderator: Site Moderator

jpsedelmaier
Novice

Just completed first still!

Post by jpsedelmaier »

I just finished building my first still and have to give a shout out to Anthony Mungo for all the help and guidance he gave me.
If there is anything wrong or that I could do better for it please feel free to share your ideas!
I will be making rum, whiskey, and brandy. I will also be using propane to heat.
D9DAEA0F-70AF-46D9-A41D-AE18E6F6645E.jpeg
D9DAEA0F-70AF-46D9-A41D-AE18E6F6645E.jpeg (35.96 KiB) Viewed 630 times
A98D0DF2-40B0-4849-BBFE-5DDC98154B33.jpeg
A98D0DF2-40B0-4849-BBFE-5DDC98154B33.jpeg (34.21 KiB) Viewed 630 times
Twisted Brick
Master of Distillation

Re: Just completed first still!

Post by Twisted Brick »

Excellent, jp! There's something about a keg still with a shotgun that promises of good things to come! Nice job!

PS: If you can find a photo editor on your computer's OS, you can rotate your images to a vertical orientation, which will make it easier for all to appreciate your hard work.

Twisted
“Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore, always carry a small snake.”

- W.C. Fields

My EZ Solder Shotgun
My Steam Rig and Manometer
tiramisu
Swill Maker

Post by tiramisu »

Woo hoo!!!
Saltbush Bill
Site Mod

Post by Saltbush Bill »

Looks fine to me...........I would put a support / prop of some sort under that condencer though......lotta wieght hanging there.
Yummyrum
Global moderator

Post by Yummyrum »

Twisted Brick wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:08 am PS: If you can find a photo editor on your computer's OS, you can rotate your images to a vertical orientation, which will make it easier for all to appreciate your hard work.
Fixed for him this time

Solid build jp :thumbup:
jpsedelmaier
Novice

Post by jpsedelmaier »

Twisted Brick wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:08 am Excellent, jp! There's something about a keg still with a shotgun that promises of good things to come! Nice job!

PS: If you can find a photo editor on your computer's OS, you can rotate your images to a vertical orientation, which will make it easier for all to appreciate your hard work.

Twisted
Thanks for the fix Twisted!