First sacrificial run

Many like to post about a first successful ferment (or first all grain mash), or first still built/bought or first good run of the still. Tell us about all of these great times here.
Pics are VERY welcome, we drool over pretty copper 8)

Moderator: Site Moderator

MementoMori
Site Donor
Site Donor

First sacrificial run

Post by MementoMori »

Hey everyone, i have a 15 gal beer keg pot still. I wanted to thank everyone here for the advice over the many years I have been reading and reading. I am now planning my first rum fermentation and I am excited to pull some drinkable product now.
"No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness". Aristotle
SmokyMtn
Rumrunner

Re: First sacrificial run

Post by SmokyMtn »

All that reading is getting ready to pay off.
My 9" Shotgun Condenser

This hobby really is not so much about making alcohol. But bottling opportunities to make memories with Friends and Family.
Deplorable
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Deplorable »

Lordy, 8 years of reading before you made a drop of likker? That's either commitment to education, or paralysis-by-analysis. either way, all that reading is about to come use.
Fear and ridicule are the tactics of weak-minded cowards and tyrants who have no other leadership talent from which to draw in order to persuade.
MementoMori
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by MementoMori »

Thanks Deplorable 😊. We all have desires, this has been one for more then 8 years. I must be bat shit crazy its been on my mind since elementary science class lol. Plus doing it right the first time appeals to me. Never used fire went straight to an electric set up on 50 amps. Keep ya posted
jonnys_spirit
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by jonnys_spirit »

Good luck with your sac run Whiskey! 50A for a 15g should be a quick heatup lol. I also snuck my Fathers book “Moonshiners Manual” when I was a 13yo teen and have had this in mind ever since. Go figure...

Cheers,
j
————
i prefer my mash shaken, not stirred
————
MementoMori
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by MementoMori »

Outstanding my friend!
Hambone
Rumrunner

Post by Hambone »

I first got the itch in my undergrad organic chemistry lab. It took a lot of years before I started…
Good judgement is the result of experience.

Experience is usually the result of bad judgement..
n_plains_drifter
Swill Maker

Post by n_plains_drifter »

Deplorable wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 5:55 pm Lordy, 8 years of reading before you made a drop of likker? That's either commitment to education, or paralysis-by-analysis. either way, all that reading is about to come use.
Hell Deplorable, my paralysis lasted almost as long. But I also blame my ADD.Took a pandemic to get me over the hump.