My first run! It works!

Many like to post about a first successful ferment (or first all grain mash), or first still built/bought or first good run of the still. Tell us about all of these great times here.
Pics are VERY welcome, we drool over pretty copper 8)

Moderator: Site Moderator

Chug
Site Donor
Site Donor

My first run! It works!

Post by Chug »

9F7BA3E3-8BCB-4ADE-BD04-36E23E331CF6.jpeg
There’s nothing like the feeling of that first actual run! This is from my homemade 5gal stock pot still, with a simple worm. I abandoned the idea of 1/4” for the worm (too much back pressure in the prototype) and went with 1/2” instead and it made a world of difference. It looks amazing, and tastes amazing.

It’s true - read until you bleed. It’s amazing all of the “oh crap” moments that you encounter while building a still and doing a run that you remember were solved by someone else in the HD forums. Hats off to you all for helping build a massively helpful and healthy community. Shine on!

5 gal homemade potstill -:- If it works, it ain’t stupid -:- Progress, not perfection
Yummyrum
Global moderator

Re: My first run! It works!

Post by Yummyrum »

Congrats Chug :clap:

Hope you enjoy the taste as well
Deplorable
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: My first run! It works!

Post by Deplorable »

Congratulations. Enjoy it, but set aside a jar, and sample it again after about a dozen runs and see how much you've learned along the way.
Fear and ridicule are the tactics of weak-minded cowards and tyrants who have no other leadership talent from which to draw in order to persuade.