Blue distillate: Is it safe to inhale?

This hobby is fun & enjoyable, but it is not tiddlywinks. Be safe!

Moderator: Site Moderator

LaissezPasser
Novice

Blue distillate: Is it safe to inhale?

Post by LaissezPasser »

This isn't your usual "Can I drink blue distillate" post. Rather, I want to know if blue distillate is safe to inhale. I'm currently cleaning my worm still with a 50/50 vinegar/water wash, which is producing some blue distillate and a lot of vapors. If the copper salts that cause the distillate to be blue are unsafe to drink, would they also be unsafe to inhale? Should I be wearing a respirator?
JesseMarques
Bootlegger

Re: Blue distillate: Is it safe to inhale?

Post by JesseMarques »

Copper is a heavy element, it requires a lot of energy to volatilize, so if you aren't drying it to powder to sniff it, it's safe to smell the distilate
Yummyrum
Global moderator

Post by Yummyrum »

JesseMarques wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:13 pm I'm currently cleaning my worm still with a 50/50 vinegar/water wash,
You only need to do it once .
Then rinse it immediately in fresh water .

Run a sacrificial alcohol run . There should be little to no blue if you rinsed it clean .

Don’t use vinegar again .

As far as the vapour goes ,are you talking about while you are doing the clean or after when doing a Sacrificial run ?
If its the Sac run , then you are running too much power for the worm
LaissezPasser
Novice

Post by LaissezPasser »

JesseMarques wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:13 pm Copper is a heavy element, it requires a lot of energy to volatilize, so if you aren't drying it to powder to sniff it, it's safe to smell the distilate
Thanks. This answers my question.