FEED GRADE CRACKED CORN- PESTICIDES

Putting older posts here. Going to try to keep the novice forum pruned about 90 days work. The 'good' old stuff is going to be put into appropriate forums.

Moderator: Site Moderator

bgrizzle
Swill Maker

FEED GRADE CRACKED CORN- PESTICIDES

Post by bgrizzle »

Hello Mentors. So I go to Southern States and buy a 50lb bag of cracked corn. I am working on making a bourbon. So then this evening I go to a local home brew shop and they guy at the store tells me i shouldn't use FEED GRADE cracked corn.

He tells me that are potential dangers because it could be sprayed with pesticides. He told me that they don't sell brew grade cracked corn, so I know he wasn't just lying to me to make the sale.

I have searched the forum, and I cant find any info on this. I see people all over the site using FEED GRADE corn, sweet feed, etc.

I wanted to ask the mentors because I was hoping you guys could offer me an honest answer.

Thank you.
WalkingWolf
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Re: FEED GRADE CRACKED CORN- PESTICIDES

Post by WalkingWolf »

Stock feed will not have the pesticide on it. What he is talking about is the seed grade where the seed is treated.
mduhon2
Novice

Post by mduhon2 »

And it will have antibiotics and everything else that will cause off flavors...for the best and preservative-free and antibiotic free go here -honeyville graims Mrk5T6Ity_ByRd9sklGe1BJ0aAqu38P8HAQ

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
wtfdskin
Swill Maker

Post by wtfdskin »

+1 Wolf. Corn is sprayed before it ears out.

Edit. Wow just realized thats an old thread. Home nobody grew a third nipple from all the pesticides