4" SS flute build 6 plates

Putting older posts here. Going to try to keep the novice forum pruned about 90 days work. The 'good' old stuff is going to be put into appropriate forums.

Moderator: Site Moderator

stillstoodstill
Novice

Post by stillstoodstill »

I'm still researching and arguing with myself on what to do exactly, but I can't help myself so I've started cut up for the the condenser its going to be 104mm OD SS body 200mm tall and 5 maybe 6 copper 22mm tube internals, I'm sure that will be fun to put together.

stillstoodstill
Novice

Re: 4" SS flute build 6 plates

1/2" BSP for inlet and outlet to attach to ball valves

Swedish Pride
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 4

Post by Swedish Pride »

pulled up a chair..... now, carry on!
Don't be a dick
stillstoodstill
Novice

Might be a longish build but I'll defiantly keep updated on the progress
corene1
HD Distilling Goddess

Post by corene1 »

Just something to think about. You could go smaller on the pipe nipples or even use a collar. The reflux condenser really doesn't flow a bunch of water and I have found a smaller valve is easier to control the water flow through the unit.
Oldvine Zin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Oldvine Zin »

corene1 wrote:Just something to think about. You could go smaller on the pipe nipples or even use a collar. The reflux condenser really doesn't flow a bunch of water and I have found a smaller valve is easier to control the water flow through the unit.
Funny maybe I'm missing it or running wrong but I had shit output with a restricted needle valve on my reflux condenser, traded it out for more flow and had better results. Maybe that was a flaw on my defleg design but I think that I have her dialed down and she performs well now.