New Recipe Results

Putting older posts here. Going to try to keep the novice forum pruned about 90 days work. The 'good' old stuff is going to be put into appropriate forums.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Old Goat
Novice

New Recipe Results

Post by Old Goat »

I fermented 60% Corn, 30% Malted Barley, 10% Oats. Added Sugar for higher ABV, and ran it off today. It is good. Also had some apples and cinnamon added in for flavor. Got 1 gal 80 proof of of first run off of 6 gal. wash. Anyway, the bottom line is that my likker is good, I throw away way to much foreshots, and don't bother with the tails. Straight Bourbon (not sour mash) whiskey is what I like. Quality, not quantity is what I am after. For running Whiskey right off the still and drinking it, mine is damn good. As for aging it, I wish I had a still big enough to make more than my friends or I could drink, so I could age some, but for now, I enjoy that fresh-made whiskey.

Salute
Have fun, get high, just don't Drink and Drive.
Moonshine is the next best thing to sex, and at my age, let the moon shine on!
trthskr4
Distiller

Post by trthskr4 »

Might have to try that bill. What kind of yeast? Did you add the apples and cinnamon in before the run or after for flavor?
punkin
Master of Distillation

Post by punkin »

I wish I had a still big enough to make more than my friends or I could drink, so I could age some, but for now, I enjoy that fresh-made whiskey.
You can easily get around that problem by running your small still more often. Put down extra washes in extra fermenters. :wink:
Old Goat
Novice

Post by Old Goat »

Apples and cinnamon were in the mash....If I made any more, I would have too much to drink, and knowing me, this could be a problem :wink:
I am getting ready to run off another batch..Last time I pulled the 1st 100ml off and just dished the tails, and it was smooth as Jack and gave no hangover....

Cheers!
Old Goat
Novice

Post by Old Goat »

PS Whiskey yeast with AG from Brewhaus